Scientific Applications & Research Associates, Inc is a leading edge Research & Development Company with a wide spectrum of technologies in commercial and military applications. We have expertise in electromagnetic and acoustic sensors and detection systems; directed energy technologies; automated test data management signal processing; small robotics; and renewable and alternative energy generation.
We are looking for an electrical/electronics engineer to design and build prototype products and support the design and conduct of testing. This person should have a degree in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent and hands-on experience planning and conducting tests and simulation of electronic systems.
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer with the following skills:
- Digital and analog circuit design with experience in high frequency design practices
- FPGA logic design using standard tools
- Schematic entry using standard tools
- Hands-on test and debugging with knowledge of standard test equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyzer, signal generator)
- Must be capable of independently designing, testing, and debugging circuit boards and large systems
- Proficient laboratory skills (e.g. soldering, trouble shooting)
- Proficient writing skills as the job will require developing documentation
- Matlab, LabView, and real-time DSP programming (TMS320C6000)
- Self starter
- Capable of working independently
- Additional desired skills include: data acquisition, and ORCAD
The candidate should have at minimum a BS degree in Electrical Engineering plus 5 years experience. U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is required. Position requires occasional travel.
About SARA, Inc.
SARA is dedicated to research and development of military and commercial systems. We operate in small teams and provide opportunities for independent research in new fields and technology. SARA is an EEOC/Title VII/ADA compliant employer, with medical and dental benefits, tuition support, flexible work hours, and employee stock ownership. Salaries at SARA are competitive with industry, and are commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the individual. SARA is headquartered in Cypress, CA (near Los Angeles), with Engineering offices, Labs and open positions in Albuquerque, NM, Colorado Springs, CO, Waterbury, CT, Tyler, TX, and Seattle, WA, as well as in Cypress.
Please send an email to: SARA with your resume attached. Applications without resumes will not be considered.